[we blog it] Pets

It’s my day to blog this week in the we blog it challenge over at daydreamz.

This weeks theme is all about pets! Currently I don’t have any pets other than my mums dog Zoe – or ZoZo as I call her.

We have always been a dog family, since forever we had always had dogs of some breed or other. And when I had me own flat I had a cat – never been that much into cats to be honest but an ex boyfriend at the time had two cats and I just fell in love them – I loved how independent they where and asked for affection on their terms. My cat murphy was a rescue cat from a local animal welfare centre, he was 2 when I got him. Still a feisty young kitten really in my eyes, as I lived in a flat I knew he was going to have to be a house cat – which to an extent he seemed to enjoy though he did escape a few times only to come running back scared!!

He died at the ripe old age of 13 after spending 3 years living with my dad. I had to move back in with my mum and as she had a dog I couldn’t being murphy with me, so seeing as my dads dog had died a few month before hand he said he would look after him for me.

I did miss him even though I saw him everytime I went to see my dad, it just wasn’t the same as having him there sloths time. He started out as a cat whom you couldn’t stroke or even brush to a cat who loved getting cuddles but would soon let you know when he’d had enough!

I would love to get another cat one day but Lee is allergic to them so can’t see thar happening anytime soon 🙁

7 Responses to [we blog it] Pets

1. Brianne August 22, 2010 at 3:40 am #

Since I’ve never had a dog or cat, it’s hard to decide which one I am. A few years ago I would have said dog for sure, but now? I don’t really know.

2. Dez August 22, 2010 at 4:02 am #

Having to leave a pet elsewhere is definitely hard 🙁 While Leo is still alive leaving him at my Dad’s for a year was just killer.

3. Kasie August 22, 2010 at 5:34 pm #

I think that I’m definitely a dog person. I love cats, but dogs are just amazing. I adore my Grayson cat though!

4. Carla August 23, 2010 at 12:38 am #

I am also more of a dog person, but you can’t have a dog in an apartment so I wanted a cat lol. They are still very kitten like at 2 years old. I read somewhere Online that two years old is like a 16 year old…which fits perfectly with my cats attitude! It sucks that you can’t have a cat 🙁 …you could get a hairless… lol I’ve always wanted one just because so many people think they’re ugly. I don’t know if there are any cats that have hair instead of fur. My mom got a dog that was part maltese so it would have hair and not fur because my brother was allergic to animal fur.

5. Aidan August 23, 2010 at 3:34 pm #

I am both a dog and a cat person. Though I have only owned cats. I want a dog, but only after I have my own house. 🙂

It is always hard to part with a pet, even if they are in good hands. I am glad I never had to part with my cat growing up, only in the end when he became old and very sick. 🙁

6. Cole August 25, 2010 at 9:08 am #

Murphy is a great name! I find it interesting that a lot of cats tend to become nicer over time

7. Lisa August 29, 2010 at 6:35 pm #

Murphy was a sweetie, though I must admit I was a bit scared of him at first. He definitely settled down once you moved to the flat here though xx

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes